Reaching Nationals for Nationals
God blessed Christmas season and a glorious great year 2016, we pray for you and all yours.
- ANGELS’ ANOUNCEMENTS
(Luk 2:11) “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
Our greatest need is not for information, technology or finance. It is the need for the Savior! We need forgiveness from the penalty of sin, power to live from the clutches of sin and finally freedom from the presence of sin. Jesus Christ died for our sins. He was buried but arose with the faithfulness and ability to save us from the gutter-most to the uttermost (Heb. 7:25). Anyone of us can come to Him and He will save.
He is called the Christ, the Anointed One of God as Prophet, Priest and King (Acts 2:36). In trusting Him, we have the provision of love, wisdom, faith and hope.
As Lord, He is the Divine Lord, the King of kings, the Lord of lords. In taking on flesh, God identifies with us for all eternity. Jesus Christ entered into every human experiences apart from sin (Heb. 4:15,16; Ps. 63:9). In Him, there is His Presence, Protection and Power. Christ is in us, the hope of all glory.
This Good News is to ALL people … to me … to you …
- When you feel like a failure (a) not being what you should be, (b) blaming on people and situations, (c) hoping to better self. HE is our Self-worth & Significance.
- When you are in clutches of the devil, sin and addictions, bankrupt of moral virtue, joy or hope. HE is our Strength, Sustenance and Success.
- When your religion, self-righteousness, sacrifices fail. HE is our Salvation, Security and Satisfaction.
- In Christ Jesus, I am a new Creation in Him, of infinite worth, deeply loved, completely forgiven, fully pleasing, totally accepted, absolutely complete in Him, one of a kind, nobody just like me … a designer original, fulfilling that which is for His glory and for my life. Therefore, you can be too!
- To you … because God’s heart is set upon you – He is not willing that any should perish … not willing that you should perish – Jesus’ coming is the best plea for you coming to Him now. HE is given to us. Receive His Gift – Jesus Himself! Simply say, Lord, I know I need you to be my Savior. Please save me from the penalty, power and presence of sin. Jesus promises, “… him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.” (John 6:37). When you call on His Name, you will be saved (Romans 10:13).
- MISSION OF FAITH AT WORK FELLOWSHIP
Once again, it is good to be reminded of the Mission:
- PURPOSE – Reaching Nationals for Nationals
- Community Network for education and community projects
- Acting as catalyst, facilitator and conduit
- PEOPLE – Connecting community with communities
- Fellowship community with praying, teaching and giving partners.
- Reaching National communities to and for Nationals.
- PROCESS – Jesus, our Pattern
- Educational – preaching and teaching
- Community projects – healing and feeding
- QUICK REVIEW 2015
- Training was done in Medan, Indonesia, four times. Graduation exercise will be done in 2016.
- Great Anniversary celebration on 16 May with 19 tables of friends. There were good gifts for Nepal relief funds and for Myanmar Market-place discipleship. All glory to God.
- Market place Discipleship was done in May and July in Yangon, Myanmar. Forays into seminaries were made to assess the needs of young adults. Much prayer is needed to hear the whispers of God concerning His will and provision. Our vision is to equip and mentor young adults in Myanmar in life and work skills. We await for His will and timing.
- Nepal training was done in March but we had to postpone the September training because of the difficult political situation. Please continue to pray for Nepal. We will resume training in March 2016 with a graduation exercise. This will be our second Graduation in Nepal. Praise the Lord.
- Pastors’ Workshop was held in Mandalay, Myanmar, Nov. 11 to 15. There was a great time of reflection and evaluation of the ministries of the Fellowship of Churches. The national pastors took the lead in workshops concerning the ministries of the churches. God be praised in raising National leaders. Our ministry with Rev. James Biak Lian and his great people spans some 29 years. Praise the good Lord for their love and faithfulness to the Lord and for the unity and sacrifice for their own people. (Photos included are about the spiritual conference and the graduation in Jan. 2015).
- We are releasing the religious training arm to Asia Seminary for Ministry Ltd so that it can be an institution for seminary spiritual training for pastors and leaders, though we will maintain a symbiotic relationship. Faith at Work Fellowship will involve itself more with social activities, such as social relief and training nationals for life and work skills. A Management Team for ASM, comprising of 4 pastors and 4 church leaders had already been set up. A training team will also be formed to co-ordinate the training. In 2016, we will concentrate and consolidate in three countries: Nepal, Myanmar and Indonesia. Please pray for these. Please do visit the Asia Seminary for Ministry website for more information. We are still in transition so please pray for us. Thanks for praying.
- ASIA SEMINARY FOR MINISTRY
(Seminary Without Borders)
- MISSION: Training Nationals to Nationals (2 Tim. 2:2) for integrity and skills (Ps. 78:72).
1.. To provide theological training, rightly dividing the Word of Truth (2 Tim. 2:15)
- To equip with skills for the work of the Christian ministry (Eph. 4:12)
- To facilitate personal and ministry development by mentorship.(2 Tim. 2:2).
- Training National pastors and leaders in seminars and modular classes.
- Trainers with integrity and skills.
- Offering Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor and Master degrees
- Courses include Bible Studies (OT and NT), Systematic Theology, Practical Theology, Christian Education and Christian Ministry.
- Program will be tailored to the people and places of training
- Trainers can be adjunct teachers to existing Bible colleges and Seminaries
- Prayer Partners
- Resource Partners
- Teaching Partners
- Financial Partners
- ASM’S MINISTRY BY FAITH
ASM is a faith-based training ministry. We look to God and to God’s people to supply our needs. Each trainer will try to raise his/her own support for the period of training. We provide an allowance for the Director of Training. We also provide food and lodging for certain groups. Each year, we will have a different budget. The Management Team will decide on the budget. Please let us know if you need this information. If you need us to share the Vision of this ministry to your small group, fellowship group, camp or church, please let us know.
You may desire to give a one-time yearly gift or a monthly gift. A thanksgiving gift can be given during your special days, like your birthday, anniversary, promotion or end of year bonus. Gifts by using checks can be made to Asia Seminary for Ministry Ltd and sent to ASM Ltd, 9, Kalidasa Avenue, Singapore 789389. Bank transfer can be done using DBS current account 018-903536-1. The name of the account is Asia Seminary for Ministry Ltd. Please let us know of your desire so that a receipt can be sent to you. May the good Lord bless you and all yours! (Hebrews 6:10) “For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.”
Once again, we praise the good Lord for the privilege and joy of serving Him together in reaching Nationals for Nationals. We believe that these leaders are the keys to minister to their own. Also in training leaders, we are following our Lord Jesus’ example in the training of the Twelve. In such training, we are multiplying His ministry as these leaders will lead others.
Praise the good Lord for supplying all our needs in 2015 through your fervent prayers and your sacrificial services and gifts. We are looking forward for greater and better ministries for our soon-coming Savior and Lord.
Once again, God bless you and all yours this Christmas season and a great and exciting 2016.
Please visit FaithatWork Facebook or our blog, for further news at http://faithatworkfellowship.blogspot.com/.
Our website is: http://faithatworkfellowship.org. Those desiring to know about Asia Seminary for Ministry, please check in at http://asiaseminaryforministry.org
If we can be of any help to you, please let us know. Once again, may the good Lord bless you and all yours!
Yours always in Christ and for Christ,
Rev. Goh Seng Fong
Name and Address: Faith@Work Fellowship, 9, Kalidasa Avenue, Singapore 789389
People involved in the Fellowship include: Rev. Tan Choon Seng, Rev. Tan Eng Boo, Rev. Yap Beng Shin, Rev. Simon N., Rev. Robert Chew, Rev. Mark Tay, Rev. Andrew Tan, Ong Beng Hong, Michael Lim, Amos Hoon, Jeff Tan, Daisy Koh, John Chin, James Hee and Hee Ai Ling.
(A good mixture of pastors and lay leaders to move us forward)
Trainers include Dr Rev. Yap Kim Sin, Ding Yew Soong, Goh Lay Guan and Tan Thiam Hong